Staff (Unit 2)
Unit 2 represents (full and part time) office, clerical, administrative, technical and service employees working for the Northern Ontario School of Medicine.
The Unit was created in March 2009 by staff when they voted to create their own Union, joining OPSEU Local 677 as a separate Staff Bargaining Unit. In November 2010 the Staff Unit's first Collective Agreement (2009-2012) was ratified. Staff Unit Members are Members of the NOSMFSA.
Members of the Local Executive who are in the Unit form the Unit 2 Committee. It meets regularly and has the Executive responsibility for matters such as Unit specific negotiations and grievances. The Unit 2 Committee has a Grievance Committee and, during bargaining, a Negotiations Committee. The Grievance and Negotiations Committees report to the Unit 2 Committee. In turn the Unit 2 Committee reports to the Unit 2 Members at least twice a year in Unit Membership Meetings.
The current Unit 2 Committee is as follows:
- Unit 2 President: TBA
- Unit 2 Vice President: Mike Johnson
- Unit 2 Secretary: Rachel Schaaf
- Member at Large (Staff, North Eastern Ontario): Robert Bertrand, Melanie Desloges
- Member at Large (Staff, North Western Ontario): Lori Piccolo, Michael Lenardons, Mike Johnson, Nicholas Persichino, Nova Donaldson
- Members at Large: Ghislaine Piolt-Attema, Katie Baisol, Robyn Braid
- Administrative Portfolio: Joseph Modi, Cara Garbachewski
- Community Engagement Portfolio: Tammy Dickey
- Faculty Affairs: Rachel Schaaf
- UME Portfolio: Joel Leduc
- Research Portfolio: Pam Tallon
- Dean’s Office: Jason Lind
- Unit 2 Chair, Negotiations Team: TBA